Effective: 1st October 2018
You’re in control of your personal information, and can ask for us to share this with you, correct or delete all or part of this at any time. To do this, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do this within 14 workings days.
MOMNKIDS.CO.NZ (“this website”) is/are operated by KINJAL LIMITED and trading as MOM&KIDS (“we”, “us”, “our”,” Mom&Kids”), a New Zealand registered company. We respect the privacy of our website users (“you”, “your”) and are committed to protecting your security and privacy.
We are bound by the NZ Privacy Act 1993 and our policies comply with the information privacy principles which form part of that Act.
Collection of information
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us.
We may collect the following information during Order Processing or Sign up or any other way you interact with our website;
- Your name
- Billing & Shipping Address
- Email Address
- Telephone or/and Mobile Number
- Other contact details
- Age or Date of Birth
- Credit Card information
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
Information you provide to us through customer or product or service surveys; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How we use Your Information
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
- to enable you to access and use our website
- to process and fulfil your order, including sending emails to confirm your order status and delivery, along with customary business communications.
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
How we use your personal information for direct marketing
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services or products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, you may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
How long we keep Your Data
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary only if required, to comply with law; facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Mom&Kids, our users, or others.
How we share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Website & Credit Card Security
We take website and credit card security extremely seriously.
Mom&Kids endeavour to provide a safe and secure platform on which to conduct online transactions. www.momnkids.co.nz uses the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your personal information as it is transmitted over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as your password and address so that generally, other computers are unable to decipher the information, ensuring privacy and security. To make sure you are accessing a secure server, check for a closed padlock symbol in your browser window.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We comply with the Act by ensuring that all personal information is protected (as is reasonable in the circumstances) against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or misuse. However, due to the nature of the Internet and email systems, we are unable to guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
Mom&Kids may investigate or monitor a customer’s behaviour if it suspects that there may be fraudulent activity on their account. This may result in Mom&Kids contacting a customer by email or telephone about their order to verify its validity or credit card information, before the order is dispatched.
Please ensure you sign out when you have finished visiting www.momnkids.co.nz, especially if you access our website from a shared computer.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the email@example.com
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
When you visit our website with cookies enabled, we place a third party cookie supplied by Google, Facebook, or other partners onto your browser. While this cookie is completely anonymous in that it doesn’t provide us or any third party with any personally identifiable information about you (e.g. your name or address), it does track certain things like how long you spent on our site, and which pages you did or didn’t visit. This allows us to use Remarketing functionality to then deliver targeted advertising to you based on your behaviour whilst you were on our site.
For example, if you visited a particular product, we might use this information to display advertising to you promoting a special offer specific to this product. This advertising may be displayed to you as you browse other sites across the internet. This is possible because many websites participate in third-party advertising programmes, allowing them to use parts of their sites to display promotional messages from participating advertisers. You may also see our advertisements on sites directly owned or controlled by Google, such as YouTube, or on Facebook.
We may also use personal identifiers (such as email address) to display our ads to you on Facebook. If you wish to opt out of being targeted on Facebook by use of personal identifiers simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can opt-out of any email communications
Mom&Kids sends billing information, product information, Service updates and Service notifications to you via email. Our emails will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how You can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the Service. Mom&Kids will remove You at Your request.
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. We will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.
Use of our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small data files that is stored on your computer or mobile phone or any other device for record-keeping purposes. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to Contact Us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services or would like to make complaint, please get in touch.
We prefer to communicate with you by email (please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your queries) – this ensures that you’re put in contact with the right person, in the right location, and in accordance with any regulatory time frames. We will acknowledge your queries and respond to you within a reasonable period of time.
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org